Friday, August 6, 2010

Grandaughter Scrap Quilt


I made the first official scrap quilt for my grandaughter with her fabrics. Even my son-in-law's eyes lit up when he recognized the different squares as previous dresses, tote bags, sleeping bags, crib quilts, and lap quilts. My grandaughter had a fit, as we say down south. That is Sassy Sophie modeling the quilt for us. I think I had to get 8 photos to catch her still and looking towards me. I hope she still enjoys this quilt as an adult. It should last for her. I love you my doll.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH that is just sooo beautiful!!

Deb and Mandy said...

This is very pretty. You did a fantastic job! I sympathize on the getting your pet to pose properly too.

Kandi Corp. said...

Hi!
Such a sweet piece for your granddaughter to enjoy her whole life. My aunt created one for me a few years back and it is one of my favorite things I own.
I recently joined your blog and thought you might like to do the same at decolourant.blogspot.com
deColourant is a new product from Kandi Corp., made right here in Safety Harbor, FL. It removes and replaces the color of natural dyed fabrics with ease and gives off a slight cirtus smell. It is easy and fun to use and can be used in a variety of ways including stamps, stencils, free hand, etc. Quilters are loving it. Have a great afternoon!
Amy Henderson
Kandi Corp.
decolourant.blogspot.com
www.i-kandi.com
www.harbor-sales.com
800.985.2634