Friday, February 27, 2009

I Love You Too, James


My grandkids and I are separated by states. They are in Alabama, I live in Texas. They have already told me I am not like the other grandmas, which I take as a compliment. When the grands and I are together, we are up at sunrise eating bacon and waffles. Then heading out the door for a long exploratory hike or swim at the beach. They fell in love with my basset hound, KatieBelle. I love to cook for them, and play games in the evening. Our separation is painful for me. I hope to see them soon. I love you more.

4 comments:

Tina. said...

All I can say is Awwwwwwwwwwwww! What a tribute from the grandkids! Nice to have a grandparent that will do those things with them. Memories I am sure they will cherish forever!

I myself was very close to my grandma, I always went to stay with her and my grandp, and I miss them very much.

P.S. That is also where I fell in love with Basset Hounds for the very first time!

Melissa @ Silly Bee's Chickadees said...

Very sweet! That deserves a frame in your bedroom by your night stand so you can look at it every night before you go to bed.

P.S. you've been tagged:

http://sillybeeschickadees.blogspot.com/2009/02/photo-challenge.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Gran Gran! Its James. Thank you for the post online. I love you so much... MORE! Miss you. I really want to see you. Hugs from Alabama! XOXO~ James

pleintexasgirl said...

My eyes start to mist when I see his drawing! Tina, I find it fascinating this is where your love for Bassets came into your life—from your beloved grandparents. And you are so right Mel, I made a digital scan of his art (in case anything happened to the real deal) and it is being framed. His mother showed him my blog and he got tickled seeing his work "published".